How to Install vQmod in OpenCart?
vQmod stands for Virtual Quick Mod. "vQmod" is an override system designed to avoid change in core files. The concept is quite simple. Modifying OpenCart core files greatly reduces your ability to upgrade your store to later versions, and can affect other modules and extensions.
vQmod provides a mechanism by which modules requiring OpenCart core modifications can be installed without damaging the integrity of your core system for upgrades. vQmod keeps a list of filenames and changes required, in the form of one XML file per extension. These changes are then created as the core files are used, and the resulting files are stored as cached copies which are executed instead of the original, core PHP or TPL file. The advantage of using Vqmod is keeping the core functionalities of OpenCart untouched.
1. Download vQmod from here. Preferably download the latest version available for OpenCart.
2. Unzip the installation archive to a folder on your computer.
3. Upload vQmod to root directory of your OpenCart store through FTP.
4. Run the installation by running install file
5. You should get a success message. If not, check permissions above and try again.
6. Load your store homepage and verify it works.
7. Using FTP, verify there is new "
8. If yes, then you are ready to start downloading or creating vQmod scripts.
If you face any problems or need our professional services, please email us at - firstname.lastname@example.org